A life changing career
We have over 300 dedicated employees working across 11 sites in Scotland.
That includes the clinical teams based in our hospices and as part of our Home Care service.
We also have regional fundraising teams, a retail team, plus a whole network of professional support staff including HR, Finance and IT – making sure our day to day activity runs as smoothly as possible.
Everyone has their part to to play in keeping the joy alive for the children and families we support.
If you share our ambition – and have a positive attitude – you could help us to reach every family in Scotland.
Visit our recruitment website for all the latest vacancies and to apply online.
What's working for CHAS like?
We want CHAS to be one of the best places to work. That’s why we create a working environment which lets our employees thrive through positive and fulfilling experiences.
Joy through our values
If we’re going to keep the joy alive for our families, we need to do this for every one of our people too. We do this by having respect for the unique role each of us has and the particular contribution we’re making to help us achieve our goal of reaching every family.
Out of respect comes empathy and understanding, which means we can genuinely care about and look out for each other. Having respect and care means we are honest with one another.
And because we’re honest, we can be accountable – taking responsibility for the decisions we make and the actions we take.
Working with CHAS can be inspiring and stimulating – with lots of great benefits included:
- Competitive salaries with incremental progression
- Access to a pension scheme
- 35 days annual leave increasing to 40 days after five years’ service
- Organisational maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working options
- Secondment opportunities
- Modern workplace environment
- On-site parking
Learning and development
At CHAS, learning and continually improving ourselves is an essential part of how we work towards achieving our ambition. We focus on making sure that your learning experience is the best it can be, and that you’re supported to effectively apply your learning.
A wide range of learning and development opportunities are available that are suited to different needs, help you to realise your potential, and make the best use your talent. You can expect to have access to:
- Induction: We want you to have a positive ‘on-boarding’ experience when you join us.
- Support for Ongoing Development: This is our ongoing conversation with you as we want to support you in developing your skills, knowledge and experience by identifying development opportunities and exploring your career goals.
- Diverse Learning Approaches: We’re always looking to encourage learning using a variety of innovative methods, including online learning, coaching and self-directed study.
- Professional Development: There will be opportunities for you to take part in continuing professional development (CPD), making sure your professional skills and knowledge are both relevant and up-to-date.
- Education and research: We want you to develop and share your skills and expertise by getting involved in projects or undertaking qualifications.
- Shared Learning: You can develop and broaden your own expertise by partnering with others and learning from their experiences.
Did you know?
In 2017 - 18...
- Our Employee Core Learning administered via an online learning system tracked an average compliance of 97% for the year
- In addition to Core Learning, 11,925 hours of learning were logged in 2017/18
- Our employees have participated in 387 different training courses or other learning activities, an increase of 32% from the previous year
- We also attended over 30 external conferences
- 18 employees supported by CHAS have completed formal studies within the year in a range of qualifications including Masters and Post Graduate Certificates, Diplomas in Palliative Medicine and another in Fundraising, ILM Certificate in Leadership, SVQ's, NEBOSH Certificate and Prince 2 Project Management. A further 14 employees are continuing with formal qualifications into 2018-19.
If you are interested, please take a look at our current vacancies.
You can view current vacancies on our dedicated recruitment site.