The Family Support Team and all Care Staff in both hospices offer bereavement support to families who have used the hospice or CHAS at Home.
This support often begins with assistance to plan the funeral and if appropriate our Chaplains will take services for you or in consultation with your own religious or non religious leader. The Family Support Team can also provide information and support to other families or professionals working with bereaved families in the Community when appropriate.
We believe that it is important to offer our support in a variety of ways and are always pleased to hear what help families need. We do provide:
- One to one individual support either face to face or on the phone.
- We hold regular group meetings for those who wish to return to the hospice and share in supporting each other.
- We offer opportunities for siblings to come together and meet others experiencing a similar experience.
- Our Chaplains can provide spiritual and religious support.
- We have annual “Remembering Days” for families to celebrate their child’s life and send out invitations for these.
If you would like to know more about our bereavement services, click on the link Our Bereavement Services
CHAS has produced leaflets to help children and young people cope with the complex feelings when their brother or sister has died after a life-shortening illness. Three distinct leaflets have been created with graphics and text to suit different age groups. The aim was to produce something engaging, easy to understand and that would encourage children and young people to seek support.
If you would like to discuss any bereavement issue with a member of staff please contact us on the following numbers:
Rachel House: 01577 865777
Robin House: 01389 722055
CHAS at Home - Aberdeen: 01224 624858
CHAS at Home - Inverness: 01463 248479