At CHAS we aim to contribute to and enhance the education of students and professionals working in the field of children and young people’s palliative care.
Help the Hospices Conference Posters
- Employee Supported Volunteering ESV Is Just the Start
- Fit for the Future Empowering an Organisation Through Strategy Delivery
- Influencing National Policy and Practice Frameworks A Hospice Perspective
- The 100 Percent Project
If you would like CHAS to help you or your colleagues please do get in touch. We can provide support through:
Talks and Presentations
Whether it is talking at a team training day or presenting at a conference we might be able to support you and your team's involvement in children's palliative care. Topics we have previously presented include:
- Children's Palliative Care - everyone's business.
- Palliative Care for Children and Young People.
- From Diagnosis Onwards - the role of the children's hospice.
- End of Life Decision Making.
- Transition Issues.
- “Hands off” medicine.
- Case study presentation and analysis.
CHAS presents on a number of topics at professional conferences across the world. To view our poster presentations, just click on the relevant link below.
- Sibling Support: 4U Group
- 4U Group Sibling Support in Robin House
- Clinical Supervision in the Reflective Learning Organisation
- Developing a Culture of Practitioner Research
- Support for Siblings and Bereaved Siblings Within a Palliative Care Context
- Volunteering An Indicator of Future Success
- When World Views Collide The Ethics of the Staff and Volunteer Interface
- Advancing Practice in Care Provision in Long Term Ventilation Within The Paediatric Care Environment
Placements in our Hospices
We are able to offer a limited number of 4-6 week placements in our hospices for paediatric nursing students and shorter placements for other health professionals. However, because of the specialist nature of our work we can only offer placements to students currently undertaking professional health care training.
Visits to our Hospices
We encourage professionals to visit our hospices to find out more about CHAS and the services we can offer to families. Visits are normally scheduled once a month:
- Robin House on the second Thursday of each month between 2pm-4pm.
- Rachel House on the last Wednesday of each month between 1.30pm-3.30pm.
If you are interested in discussing any of the above opportunities contact us.