CHAS at Home
Our CHAS at Home team care for children and young people in their own homes across Scotland in between hospice visits or when they are too ill to travel.
Generally the support is short term but it is regularly assessed to ensure it meets the needs of each individual family. For families who live in isolated areas in particular, the service is a lifeline.
Our home care teams are based at four locations across Scotland; our two children’s hospices Rachel House and Robin House, Inverness and Aberdeen which means we can provide care for families across the whole of Scotland.
There are no words to explain what it means to us.
Our CHAS at Home support includes:
- Nursing care for the affected child.
- Emotional support and practical help.
- Support to brothers and sisters, which can include play and activities.
- Helping children and young people to access activities in their local community.
- Care as the end of the child’s life approaches.
In addition our CHAS at Home team in the North of Scotland also organise gatherings for families with activities for the whole family to enjoy.